MARTEC PTY LTD: 6 YEAR WARRANTY STATEMENT*
*Martec Pty Ltd warrants this product for a period of 3 years “In Home” warranty + *3 year replacement motor only warranty from the original date of purchase for residential situations, subject to the following statements:
Martec Pty Ltd only warrants the Martec product against faulty workmanship and is subject to the conditions and provisions set out below:
- The 3 year “In Home” warranty + *3 Year Motor only replacement warranty only applies only if the product was purchased in Australia and does not transfer from the original purchaser. All Martec Products replaced under warranty are only warranted for the balance of the warranty period
- The additional *3 Year motor only replacement warranty, the consumer is to arrange their own electrician to safely uninstall motor of the fan and return to the place of purchase with proof of purchase.
- The 3 year “In Home” warranty does not extend to the Martec Product accessories such as remote controller kits and/or light fittings (including glass light shades) that have been fitted during or after the original Martec Product installation. Globes are not covered under warranty.
- All remote controllers, wall controllers, ballasts, and light fittings included in the Martec Products original packaging have a 1 year warranty only. Remote controllers, wall controllers and light kits must be Martec approved and Martec branded products. The use of remote controllers, wall controllers and/or light kits which are not Martec approved and branded will subsequently void the warranty.
- Any changes to plated and/or painted finishes due to climate conditions or other circumstances deemed to be beyond the control of Martec Pty Ltd or their authorised agent are not covered under this warranty. Outdoor use of Martec ceiling fans is not recommended or covered under this warranty; proceed at your own risk as outdoor use will void the warranty.
- Threaded components such as blade nuts and screws may loosen during normal operation; these should be tightened regularly to ensure the fan does not develop noises during operation. If noises do develop, check this aspect before requesting service, as this is not covered under warranty.
PURCHASERS PLEASE NOTE:
- Any claim made in relation to this warranty is solely limited to the cost of replacement of the product, parts and labour of the authorised service agent approved by Martec Pty Ltd. No parts/products are to be disposed of prior to the Service Agents “In Home” warranty visit. No acceptance of other liability for incidental or consequential damage is covered.
- Martec Pty Ltd does not cover travelling costs incurred by service agents where service is requested by the purchaser outside of the Martec Pty Ltd service network. The Martec Pty Ltd service network is defined at our discretion, yet is limited by the boundary of the city in which you live. Travel outside of the city limits by the Martec Pty Ltd authorised service agent will incur commercial costs to be paid for by the purchaser at a rate calculated by the number of kilometres travelled beyond the city limits. Any service required outside of the service network will be provided in the following manner.
- Per warranty claim, a full replacement will be sent to the customer’s residence and a maximum of $80 AUD plus GST plus freight will be covered by Martec Pty Ltd. All other costs over and above the $80AUD, including but not limited to, labour and travel costs are to be paid for by the purchaser.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser to call Martec customer service number (02 8778 7500) prior to any electrician leaving the job site if any problems occur.
- Any installing electrician costs and/or fees invoiced to the customer prior to the customer contacting Martec to lodge a warranty application will not be covered by Martec.
- This warranty becomes void if the product was not installed as per the instruction manual by a qualified and licensed electrician. In addition, this warranty will be considered void if any, or all, of the following has occurred: tampering with the product, product damage, repair by non-qualified electrician, becoming faulty due to improper use, normal wear and tear, accident damage, product abuse, and/or failure to use the product in accordance with the instructions relating to the installation.
- This product is only covered by this warranty for a period of 90 days when used in a commercial application.
- Minor variations of speed between the same model Martec Products may be evident and is not covered under this warranty.
- Any changes in climate conditions deemed by Martec Pty Ltd to be beyond reasonable control are not covered under this warranty. Any damage caused to walls, ceilings, furniture, carpet and/or any consequential damage caused within the establishment where this Martec Product is being installed, is not covered under this warranty. Repairs carried out by the Martec approved service agent due to incorrect installation will be charged to the purchaser at the time of service. This warranty is limited to the product being repaired/replaced only by an approved Martec Pty Ltd service agent and does not include costs where the original installation was not carried out per the instruction manual. The product warranty is limited to defects in workmanship only and does not apply to loss or damage caused by abnormal or excessive force of any kind from internal or external sources.
- This warranty does not cover electrical humming noises, wobbling or any other external influences.
- The costs associated with the hire of extension ladders and scaffolding to service ceiling fans installed on ceilings higher than 3 metres from the ground, will not be covered by this warranty. These costs will be borne by the customer not Martec Pty Ltd.
Martec Pty Ltd reserves the right to change or amend any or all parts of this warranty statement at any time and without notice.