*Martec Pty Ltd warrants this product for a period of 3 years “In Home” warranty from the original date of purchase for residential situations,
subject to the following statements:
Important notice: Martec Pty Ltd warrants this product for 3 years with “In Home” warranty. Martec Pty Ltd only warrants the fan
against faulty workmanship and subject to the conditions and provisions set out below:
1) The 3 year “In Home” warranty applies only if the product was purchased in Australia and does not transfer from the original purchaser. All ceiling fans replaced
under warranty are only warranted for the balance of the warranty period.
2) The 3 year “In Home” warranty does not extend to fan accessories such as remote controller kits and/or light fittings (including glass light shades) that have
been fitted during or after the original ceiling fan installation. Globes are not covered under warranty.
3) All remote controllers, wall controllers, ballasts, and light fittings included in the ceiling fans original packaging have a 1 year warranty only. Remote controllers,
wall controllers and light kits must be Martec approved and Martec branded products. The use of remote controllers, wall controllers and/or light kits which are
not Martec approved and branded will subsequently void the warranty.
4) Any changes to plated and/or painted finishes due to climate conditions or other circumstances deemed to be beyond the control of Martec Pty Ltd or their
authorised agent are not covered under this warranty. Outdoor use of Martec ceiling fans is not recommended or covered under this warranty; proceed at your
own risk as outdoor use will void the warranty.
5) Threaded components such as blade nuts and screws may loosen during normal operation; these should be tightened regularly to ensure the fan does not
develop noises during operation. If noises do develop, check this aspect before requesting service, as this is not covered under warranty.
PURCHASERS PLEASE NOTE:
6) Any claim made in relation to this warranty is solely limited to the cost of replacement of the product, parts and labour of the authorised service agent approved
by Martec Pty Ltd. No acceptance of other liability for incidental or consequential damage is covered. Martec Pty Ltd does not cover travelling costs incurred by
service agents where service is requested by the purchaser outside of the Martec Pty Ltd service network. The Martec Pty Ltd service network is defined at our
discretion, yet is limited by the boundary of the city in which you live. Travel outside of the city limits by the Martec Pty Ltd authorised service agent will incur
commercial costs to be paid for by the purchaser at a rate calculated by the number of kilometres travelled beyond the city limits. Any service required outside
of the service network will be provided in the following manner.
6.1) Per warranty claim, a full replacement will be sent to the customer’s residence and a maximum of $80AUD plus GST plus freight will be covered by
Martec Pty Ltd. All other costs over and above the $80AUD, including but not limited to, labour and travel costs are to be paid for by the purchaser.
Please Note: it is the responsibility of the purchaser to call Martec’s customer service number (1300 730 064 or 02 8778 7500) prior to any electrician
leaving the job site if any problems occur.
7) This warranty becomes void if the product was not installed properly by a qualified and licensed electrician. In addition, this warranty will be considered void if
any, or all, of the following has occurred: tampering with the product, product damage, repair by non-qualified electrician, becoming faulty due to improper use,
normal wear and tear, accident damage, product abuse, and/or failure to use the product in accordance with the instructions relating to the installation.
8) This product is only covered by this warranty for a period of 90 days when used in a commercial application.
9) Minor variations of speed between the same model fans may be evident and is not covered under this warranty. Any changes in climate conditions deemed by
Martec Pty Ld to be beyond reasonable control are not covered under this warranty. Any damage caused to walls, ceilings, furniture, carpet and/or any consequential
damage caused within the establishment where this fan is being installed, is not covered under this warranty.
10) Repairs carried out by the Martec approved service agent due to incorrect installation will be charged to the purchaser at the time of service. This warranty is
limited to the product being repaired/replaced only by an approved Martec Pty Ltd service agent and does not include costs where the original installation was
not carried out per the instruction manual. The product warranty is limited to defects in workmanship only and does not apply to loss or damage caused by
abnormal or excessive force of any kind from internal or external sources.
11) This warranty does not cover electrical humming noises, wobbling or any other external influences.
12) Martec Pty Ltd reserves the right to change or amend any or all parts of this warranty statement at any time and without notice.
13) The costs associated with the hire of extension ladders and scaffolding to service ceiling fans installed on ceilings higher than 3 metres from the ground, will
not be covered by this warranty. These costs will be borne by the customer not Martec Pty Ltd.
BE ADVISED: All ceiling fans will emit some audible noise; and said noise will be most apparent at night or at during period of time when there is less ambient noise
to interfere with said noise, and especially on low speed settings, slight electrical fluctuations will cause said noise. This noise is referred to as ripple control, which is
a method used by electricity companies to control utilities by using a superimposed frequency on your standard 50Hz AC power supply. Typically, the ripple control
is used to control and manage peak power loads on electrical distribution networks. The noise is the result of the electricity supplier alternating the direct current
entering your house in order to check if, for example, street lights are operational. This may cause intermittent humming noises in the ceiling fan and is not covered
under warranty. A light fitting will often accentuate noises and vibrations, which can be traced to loose glass fittings or other components; this is not covered under
warranty. To learn more about ripple control, please visit our website at: http://www.martecceilingfans.com.au/ripple_control.html
NOTE: Martec Pty Ltd assumes that installation of said ceiling fan is carried out as this instruction manual has aforementioned, i.e. mounted to a solid timber
structure. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to ensure that the installation of said ceiling fan has been carried out by a certified electrician as per the guidelines of this
instruction manual. As it is the purchaser’s responsibility to check the stability and proper installation of the fan, the purchaser’s electrician should check and identify
any problems prior to finalising installation. Steel beams, grid ceilings and flexible surfaces will not absorb vibration and may cause some audible noise due to vibration;
as a result this will not be considered a fault and will not be covered under this warranty.
Martec Pty Ltd only covers manufacturing faults associated with said fan per the above warranty provisions. The warranty will not cover the entry of foreign matter
or influences to the product including, but not limited to: liquid, moisture, dirt, dust, electrical fluctuations, or any additional problems encountered if the ceiling fan is
used in an outdoor environment. Power supply faults or influences resulting in damage to this product are not covered under this warranty. The warranty does not
cover any loss, damage or delay directly or indirectly caused by any malfunction of or defect of or failure of the product other than stated in this warranty.
NOTE: Stainless steel requires regular cleaning; “Tea Staining” is a common occurrence with all types of stainless steel. This is not considered a fault of the product
and is not covered under warranty. Martec’s Precision 316, while made from Marine Grade 316 stainless steel, should only be used in an covered or enclosed outdoor
environment as the fan is not hermetically sealed and will eventually rust internally. With the exception of the Precision Stainless Steel 316 ceiling fan, none of Martec’s
Ceiling Fans are meant for outdoor use, and will either rust or encounter problems which are not covered within this warranty.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: All claims for warranty must be accompanied with the following three documents:
• Completed warranty card found after this warranty statement, or on the last page of your instruction manual;
• Please ensure that the purchasers full name and contact details are clearly stated, in addition to the full nature of the fault and the serial or P.O. number
which can be located on the top motor housing; and
• The purchase receipt from the store or location the fan was originally purchased from he electrician’s installation compliance certificate, receipt and
license number as well as the purchasers full name and details
Upon receipt of the abovementioned documentation, Martec Pty Ltd will issue a service call to fulfill the conditions of this warranty.
Customer Service operates between 9AM to 5PM EST Monday through Friday
Toll Free Customer Service Hotline: 1300 730 064
Customer Service Local Number: 02 8778 7500
Customer Service Fax: 02 8778 7555
IMPORTANT: Please do not phone the retailer for warranty work. Instead phone the Customer Service Hotline found above.